The Fundraising Promise
In August 2016 we launched our Fundraising Promise. This is our response to the issues that the wider charity sector are facing. Insight does not rely on local government funding (which is diminishing) so that we are free to deliver the services our clients want and needs. Instead we rely on the generosity of the general public, clients and grant funders.
Without our Supporters time and donations, Insight would not be able to provide advice and information to people living with sight loss.
- We respect that you have chosen to donate your time and money to Insight, we will use your gifts wisely to the benefit of our clients.
- Insight will keep its charity administration costs to as low a level as possible. However, without incurring these costs, Insight would not have the phone line to run the Helpline or a building to house our Low Vision Centre for example.
- Insight will keep your details in a safe place. We will not pass on your details to any third parties without your permission.
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and manage and hold data in compliance with the Data Protection Act (1998).
- Insight will comply with the law and legislation of the Country.
- Insight will follow the Code of Fundraising Practice. We will follow the guidance of the Charity Commission and Fundraising Regulator.
- Insight will respond to any feedback or comments within 10 working days.
- Insight will communicate with you in your preferred format. If you do not wish to hear from us again, please let us know and we will respect your wishes.
- Insight’s objective is to support people living in Gloucestershire with sight loss. With your help we will carry on doing this as we have done so for more than 150 years.
Thank you for any support that you provide Insight.